On Jan 25, 2007, at 11:08 PM, Bennett Helm wrote:

On Jan 25, 2007, at 10:55 PM, Brett Dikeman wrote:

Hey all,

I love LyX, but some behavior is driving me nuts- specifically, it's sending PDFs to Yojimbo, instead of creating a temp file and opening it with Preview. This isn't the system-wide default (pdfs are assigned to Preview!) How do I fix this? Under the preferences pane for document types, the handler is listed as "auto."

I don't know Yojimbo, but it should work to set the viewer for .pdf files to "open -a Yojimbo.app".

Hi Bennett- thank you for the speedy reply, but I'm trying to get LyX to respect the system-wide preferences and NOT open the PDF with Yojimbo :-)

I suppose I could modify the above command to "open -a Preview.app", but that misses the point.

Incidentally, "open Desktop/example.pdf" (pdf created by latex2pdf) opens the file in Preview, so LaunchServices is doing the right thing.

Brett