Steve Litt wrote:
> How do you know about all these packages? This is true for many on the
> list -- someone comes up with a need and you know exactly what package to
> use to accomplish it. Do you have all this memorized, or do you have a
> quick way of looking it up? Either way, how do you do it -- I want to do
> it too.

Several reasons. I use many of the packages (like enumitem) myself. I've
published quite a few books recently, and faced many of those questions
there myself. And I frequently follow the discussion on comp.text.tex and
(German) de.comp.text.tex (which both are good newsgroups, and googling
their archives often helps).

Finally, another excellent resource is Robin Fairbairn's TUG FAQ:
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?introduction=yes

Jürgen