Hello,

Are there any known issues with math characters and texlive?

Under texlive and LyX 1.4.3 I opened a couple of chapters of my thesis and
some math characters were displayed incorrectly. For instance, rho was
displayed as 'ae' not a squirly 'p'. Because of this I uninstalled texlive
and installed tetex. Now everything is displayed correctly. So I'm assuming
there is a package that needs to be installed under texlive, but I'm not
sure what it would be since no errors were detected under LyX the characters
were just displayed incorrectly in LyX and corresponding pdf's. I tried
eliminating everything in my preamble and setting everything to default and
it still appeared. Then I tried with new documents and everything would be
fine for awhile and then all of a sudden the characters would not be
correct. I just couldn't pick up on any consistent behavior, it was very
erratic. So I gave up and installed tetex.

I don't really expect a resolution since I've already uninstalled texlive
and tetex seems to work perfectly fine for me.

I just wanted to see if anyone knew of any issues under ubuntu-edgy and LyX
1.4.3 with texlive.

Thanks,
Bob Lounsbury