I use the fig2ps script (available on sourceforge) to convert xfig to eps, and then use the eps file in LyX. My makefile has entry:

%.eps : %.fig
        @echo "Making $@ from $<"
@fig2ps --forcespecial --add=epsfig --input=../../2120/notes/ 2120head.tex --bbox=dvips --eps $<
        rm *.tmp.*

which I use to convert from .fig to .eps files. This usually gives pleasing results.

A. Scottedward Hodel, 334 844-1854, fax 334 844-1809
[EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~hodelas