Hello,

I just tried to install lyx on my windows vista. The first problem was to install miketex out of the bundle-installer of lyx 1.4.3-5 (lyx-143-5-bundle.exe ) - an Windows API error occurs. a workaround for this problem was to install miktex 2.5 stand alone and refer to the existing installation while installing lyx.

But the second problem ist, that I can not start lyx. It seems to be there is no python available. But I thought this application comes with lyx?

Are there any howtos out there how to install lyx on Windows Vista?

many thanks - Tino

--
Gäbe es kein Wasser auf der Welt, könnten die Menschen nicht schwimmen lernen und müssten alle ertrinken...