Tsipenyuk Roman writes:

> Would you please guide me in the right direction? I downloaded lyx, and
> installed everything on it. My problem is that I do not have any TeX classes.
> Am I suppose to make them as I go along? LyX is not producing any output,
> so I can't print them? Thanks a lot.

You have to install TeX. If you are on Linux, install the tetex package,
if you are on Windows or Mac, try one of the installers at
ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/bin/1.4.4/ or ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/bin/1.4.3/

If you already have installed a TeX system, make sure that your PATH
environment variable is correctly set, or add the path to the latex executable
in the "PATH prefix" field in Preferences->Paths.

HTH

--
Enrico