Hi!

I want to make heavy use of math-macros to create type inference rules
using proof.sty. I defined some macros using the \frac construct in
the right box of the math-macro definition as preview, with several
arguments #1, #2, ... In the left box I use the corresponding commands
from proof.sty.

Everything looks great .... until I try to edit the arguments of the
macro: LyX jumps into a third representation with several line
prefixed with #1, #2 to enter the arguments. Is it supposed to work
like that? Especially if you nest math-macros in your formulas this
style of editing makes it unusable because you easily completely loose
track of the structure of your formula.

Why isn't LyX using my preview definition for the macro with some
placeholder boxes as the arguments? Although I don't know LyX's
rendering code, it doesn't look to be much more complicated. But maybe I am
wrong.

Regards
 Stefan