On Tue, 26 Dec 2006, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Please tell me how ??/ please .If its not so good when I have done it I
can always reverse my settings back thanks

  A very good place to look for solutions is found by the 'Tips and Tricks'
link on the main LyX web page. If you follow those links you come to this
page:

      <http://tug.org/TeXnik/mainFAQ.cgi?file=layouts/examples#newpage>

where you'll see this tip:

New Chapter on odd and even pages
If the documentclass option openany is not available, then write in the
LaTeX preamble

\makeatletter
\renewcommand*{\cleardoublepage}{%
  % original definition, see latex.ltx