Tom Schlangen wrote:
Hi Paul,

I had 1.4.4.1 running on my box (XP Pro SP2, dual core
processor), then installed 1.4.4.2 over it.  Each time
I start 1.4.4.2, it immediately crashes.

Confirmed, but only for one out of two freshly installed XPpro boxes. The
working one just shows the wrong frontend language as described in another
article I posted, but besides this LyX seems to work as expected.

Both XP installations may be slightly different from each other due to a
slightly different mix of few other programs installed before LyX.

Yes, that's one of the joys of the Windows world -- the ability of apps to conflict with each other. I don't think my AV program (Symantec) is the culprit, since the crash occurs even with real-time monitoring off, but I can't be sure, and I don't have the time just now to boot into a clean configuration to test LyX.

Well, 1.4.4.1 worked for me, so maybe I'll just wait for 1.4.4.3 and see if this only happens on even-numbered builds. :-)

/Paul