Jim Rockford schrieb:

I launch a lyx file, and it's related to bibtex.  Maybe this is to be
expected, but I always get a complaint from the command window saying
that lyx couldn't find the bibtex .bib files I specified within the lyx
file.  It's not a crippling error.  I can generate a
PDF view and all the references are there correctly.

You can normally ignore the messages in the console window, when the output is correct. I have no idea what's going wrong there.

One final thing.  My naive hope that the Lyx Installer would also work for
64-bit XP was dashed.  It didn't work.  When I attempted to launch lyx I
would see a brief flash of the command window, which would then disappear,
and no lyx window would appear.

It works here; Im developing on a WinXP x64 machine. LyX is compiled on a 32bit compiler. The result should be able to run on every Win machine. Some users tested for me that it runs fine under Vista. Are you using Vista x64? If yes, I'll provide a 64bit release the next days with 64bit Python and 64bit GhostScript. LyX will remain as 32bit program but as it is compiled with Microsoft#s MSVC compiler, Microsoft promises that the result will also run on Vista x64(check your WOW32 settings if necessary).

environment.  In 64-bit Fedora Core 6, I'm finding that lyx cannot convert
PDF figures.  I believe I have all the necessary ingredients installed like
ImageMagick, but I get numerous errors such as
'/usr/share/lyx/scripts/convertDefault.py ERROR'. I could use a bit of help
with this, actually.

What exactly is the error message?

regards Uwe