On Tuesday 06 March 2007 08:25, William Adams wrote:
> While such utilities can be useful for the naïve user, they don't
> result in an index, so much as a concordance, and the difference
> between the two should be kept in mind.
>
> Rather than relying on such, if the project and budget warrant it,
> far better to employ a human indexer (who is _not_ also the author).
>
> William

There's budget for a human indexer, as long as the indexer is me (the author).
So as the human indexer, how do I make this thing an index instead of a
concordance? My plan is to use the word list program to make sure I don't
leave out things that shouldn't be left out, not to give every term page
numbers.

How do I make it a real index?

Thanks

SteveT