Gary wrote:
> Gary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> Richard, maybe I didn't understand what you were saying.
> \renewcommand{\chaptername}{}
> Where am I supposed to add this line? In an ERT box?

You can put it in the preamble.
> \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesection.\arabic{equation}}
> This is even less comprehensible. It looks like this code suggests I need to
> enter this command somewhere for every equation which is not going to happen.
> And arabic?

This would also go in the preamble. The term "arabic" means: arabic
numbers, as opposed to Roman.
> Sorry guys I am Latex handicapped and I ain't terribly inclined to learn it.
> Don't have the time.

Then it is all the more important you find a document class that will
pretty much do what you want or that permits easy customization.

Best,
Richard

Richard G Heck, Jr
Professor of Philosophy
Brown University
http://bobjweil.com/heck/
Get my public key from http://sks.keyserver.penguin.de
Learn how to sign your email using Thunderbird and GnuPG at:
http://dudu.dyn.2-h.org/nist/gpg-enigmail-howto