Urtzi Jauregi wrote:

> The encoding of the LyX document is "use the default encoding for the
> language". The text editors I've read the exported file are all set to
> Unicode.

That will not work, see below.

>> The exported document is not corrupted, it is just in different encoding.
>> LyX is using ISO encoding internally, while Win are using Microsoft
>> modifications which are incompatible with ISO.
>
> If this is an encoding issue, I guess we'll have to wait until the LyX 1.5
> comes out to solve this kind problem. Or can it be fixed in the 1.4
> series?

That depends. I guess that the special characters are stored as a so-called
InsetLatexAccent. You can check that by looking at the .lyx file: If you
don't see a verbatim č, but something like

\i \v{c}

, then you are using an InsetLatexAccent. This is not correctly exported to
plain text, and this problem is indeed fixed in 1.5 (InsetLatexAccent was
removed, because it is not needed with unicode), but cannot be fixed with
reasonable effort in 1.4.
If you see a verbatim č, then this should be exported just fine to plain
text, but remember that the encoding is iso8859-2 (the default encosding
for slovenian), so you have to set your editor to use that encoding. Or you
can convert the file with tools like iconv or recode to utf8.

Georg