Dear LyX users,

I am a longtime (since 0.7 or so) user of LyX. In my Department, some
colleagues and I are pushing for LyX adoption.

I have been trying LyX 1.5.0beta1 for some days now. It's very nice and
stable (I am using it for a complex document with about 250 pages--very
satisfied so far).

I have one problem which did not exist in 1.4.x or before with
literature citations, using external bibtex files. If one author (or any
word) is listed in more than one entry of my literature file (a pretty
normal situation), in 1.4.x or above I used to type the author name or
key word in the "Find:" field and repeatedly click on "next" to search
in the whole bibtex file until the document/citation containing that
string/author/word until the desired one was selected; then I inserted
the desired citation.

With the new citation dialog, seemingly, only the key is searched for.
This is rather inconvenient, as the key is often related to the first
author name, while often one looks for one article by the name of
another author, or maybe one word in the title, and would like to select
which article he would like to cite among those satisfying the criterion
of containing the typed string. Therefore, I would like LyX 1.5.0beta1
to search in the _whole_ bibtex database as LyX did before 1.5.

Is there any way to customise it to change the default behaviour?

Or is this a bug? (If it is, please consider this message as a bug
notification!).

Thanks a lot for all the nice work you have been doing! Regards from

Marco Bravi