On 3/23/07 11:57 AM, "Johannes Knaus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I don't know if the following is more a general LaTeX question rather
> then referring to Lyx, but anyhow I want to know how to solve it
> within Lyx:
> How do I manipulate the way Tables are enumerated when using Koma-
> Script Book?
> Specifically, I want to exclude the Chapter numbers in front of the
> normal numbers (e.g. not Table 2.10 but simply Table 10) and then use
> only one continuous numbering throughout the book.
> The same I want to achieve with my Example numbers (created by
> covington.sty), as they behave alike.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Johannes

See the documentation here:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.editors.lyx.general/16193/match=figure+number
ing

Putting this into the preamble will change the figure numbering if you want
table numbering also, then you probably just insert table where you see
figure.

\usepackage{remreset}

\makeatletter

[EMAIL PROTECTED]