Thanks. If you mean using apalike (\usepackage{apalike}), with
"apacite" as the bibliographic style  in a document with "plain"
article style, LyX shows another list of errors, in pairs like the
following:

Undefined control sequence
\bibitem{Gil-Aluja1987}

You can't use '\relax' after \the
\bibitem{Gil-Aluja1987}

This may be what I'm looking for, but how can I solve these errors?

On 4/11/07, Richard Heck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Have you tried using apalike? If you do, put \usepackage{apalike} in the
preamble.

Julio Rojas wrote:
> The problem with the APA class is that it is not the one I would like
> to use. I would like to use the "plain" class with the "APA"
> bibliographic style.
>
> On 4/11/07, Andreas K. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Julio Rojas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>>

>> > Hi, my tutor wants a bibliographic style similar to APAlike:
>> >
>> > cite[1], book[2]
>> >
>> > [1] Lastname, Name (year): Article Name, Journal Name
>> > [2] Lastname, Name (year): Book Name, Publisher, Address
>> >
>> > The problem is that when I try to use the "apacite" bibliographic
>> > style on a "plain" article, a group of "Undefined control sequence"
>> > errors appear, like the following:
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> > Any idea on how to solve this problem?
>> >

>> Use the document class Article (APA) instead.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Andreas

Richard G Heck, Jr
Professor of Philosophy
Brown University
http://frege.brown.edu/heck/
Get my public key from http://sks.keyserver.penguin.de
Learn how to sign your email using Thunderbird and GnuPG at:
http://dudu.dyn.2-h.org/nist/gpg-enigmail-howto

Julio Rojas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]