Hello,

I finally decided to do what is needed to have the cv class
distributed on CTAN (and thus hopefully most TeX distributions). Since
the name cv.cls is already taken, I decided to use simplecv.cls. The
new package contains proper documentation generated from a dtx file
(combined source+documentation).

This is mostly what I intend to upload to CTAN (although the .layout
file for LyX would be packaged with LyX only). I would appreciate all
input before I send this.

The question then is to know what to do on the LyX side. For 1.4, I
propose to add simplecv.layout alongside with cv.layout. For 1.5, I am
not sure what the best strategy is. Maybe do the same, and remove
cv.layout in 1.6.

Thoughts welcome.

The thing is here:
http://www-rocq.inria.fr/~lasgoutt/lyx/simplecv-1.6test.tar.gz