On Thu, 2007-04-12 at 17:37 -0700, Jens Noeckel wrote:
> Regarding the figures:
>

> On Apr 12, 2007, at 5:16 PM, Brian Kidd wrote:
>
> > sorry about the previous reply, i misunderstood what you wanted to do.
> >
> > as jens suggested, use the DeclareMathSizes command in the
> > preamble. you'll need four sizes:
> >
> > \DeclareMathSizes{12}{10}{7}{5}
> >
> > This assumes that the non-math text is 12pt.
> > You'll get 10pt for the math-font, 7pt for script fonts and 5pt for
> > script script font sizes.
> >
> > One visually good thing is to use a 10:7:5 ratio for the mf, sf,
> > ssf so scale appropriately.
> >
> > -brian

> >> Hi, sorry to not clarify..  Yes, when I input the text in Lyx it
> >> is fine
> >> and I can read it.  But when I output the PDF, it is much much
> >> smaller
> >> and its hard to see.  I looked at the link provided, but am not
> >> clear on
> >> what to do. I need to use the \DeclareMathSizes {x}
> >> in my preamble?  And that will make the output math text size x?
> >> This is
> >> a rather long document(thesis) so zooming in and changing that would
> >> alter figures which are set to a specific size etc so I would
> >> rather not
> >> go that route if possible...
> >> Thanks!
> >> Charles
> >>

> I don't see any reason why figures should be affected in any way.
> Maybe you should clarify some more. Are you trying to resize only one
> single math equation, or only part of a single math equation, or all
> math equations in your document?

I am trying to get all the math in my document appear larger in the PDF
output.  The \DeclareMathSizes{12}{10}{7}{5} didnt change anything with
the math font.  I ran lyx a few times to make sure it got it, but I
didnt see any difference...  As for the zooming in, wouldnt I have to
change everything else to be smaller so that when it comes up it doesnt
look huge?  That seems more of a pain than to just make one small part
bigger.. Or am I missing the point?  Thanks for the help,
Charles