On 4/13/07, Jens Noeckel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> I am
>>> does

>>> size
>>> tiny

>>> text

>>> can

>>> I think it would be either zpplcmr, pplr, or fplmr instead of cmr10.
>>> Maybe a font expert can correct me if I'm wrong...
>>
>> None works. And I have
>>
>> $ locate mathpazo
>> /usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/public/mathpazo
>> /usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/public/mathpazo/fplmb.pfb
>> /usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/public/mathpazo/fplmbb.pfb
>> /usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/public/mathpazo/fplmbi.pfb
>> /usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/public/mathpazo/fplmr.pfb
>> /usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/public/mathpazo/fplmri.pfb
>> /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/psnfss/mathpazo.sty
>> $
>>
>> Paul
>>

> Maybe this is another misunderstanding: are you trying to do this
> in text mode or in an equation environment? Anyway, I just tried
> something with mathpazo that works in equations:
>
> $$
> \fontsize{4}{5}\selectfont\sin\alpha
> $$
>
> produces a super tiny sine of alpha.
>
> Regarding my earlier solution, it works for me... to see what's
> wrong on your side one would need an example. But maybe this
> alternative solution is what you really want.
>
> Jens

Correcting myself:
in a math equation, the font selection needs to be enclosed in an \mbox.
Here is a complete document that works as advertised. And it does NOT
work properly if I comment out mathpazo!
Jens

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{mathpazo}
\begin{document}
With or without displaystyle:
$$
\mbox{\fontsize{4}{6}\selectfont $\sin\alpha\frac{1}{\frac{1}{3}}$}
$$
$$
\mbox{\fontsize{4}{5}\selectfont $\displaystyle\sin\alpha\frac{1}
{\frac{1}{3}}$}
$$
$$
\mbox{\fontsize{2}{3}\selectfont $\displaystyle\sin\alpha\frac{1}
{\frac{1}{3}}$}
$$
\tiny For comparison, this is typed in tiny.
\normalsize Back to normal
\fontsize{2}{3}\selectfont If you can read this, you're using the
zoom function. Or you're not using mathpazo.

\end{document}

Thanks again, Jens. I am trying to get a smaller size than the tiny
one, but in text mode and *not* in math mode.

Paul