On 4/15/07, Paul A. Rubin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I having the error
>>
>> "Not in outer par mode"
>>
>> when compiling the attached example with pdflatex. Any solution? Is it
>> a bug?
>
> Could someone please test and confirm whether the same problem can be
> replicated on other machines and operating systems? (The file is
> attached.)

I'm not sure whether Win XP is an "other" operating system, but I can
replicate the problem here.  The "not in outer par mode" message usually
means that something (I think the sidewaystable environment) is not
allowed to be nested inside some other environment (not sure what that
is in this case).

I'm fairly certain it's a Beamer issue, not a LyX (or LaTeX) issue.  If
this is something you really need, you might want to contact Til Tantau
via the help discussion forum for Beamer (on SourceForge).  I just
searched it, and couldn't find anything related to sidewaystable or "not
in outer par mode".

Thanks, Paul. My fault: I did not mention my operating system --
Fedora Core 7, Linux; I am sorry.

I will follow your advice and post this problem in the Beamer mailing list.

Paul