Hi, I see that LyX 1.4.4 includes "Lilypond music" in Preferences->File Formats. And, I see that it accommodates Lilypond music in Insert->External Material as a filetype.

But I must be missing a converter because I cannot get it to display a lilypond file in the DVI or a PDF viewer. (I get an error.)

There is no converter listed for converting .ly files to either .ps, .eps, or .pdf. IS this what's missing?

I've tried inserting the .ly as well as .ps and .pdf files -- it seems to want the native .ly files. But all result in failure.

I have Lilypond 2.10.14-1 installed and it works fine.

Does someone here know what I'm missing?

thanks much,
jamie faunt