i haven't been able to get instant preview working with lyx 1.4.4 on a mac intel machine. i followed the wiki suggestions for installing latex, and friends, through fink, but instant preview doesn't seem to work. when i turn on instant preview, the mathematical fonts stay the same as when instant preview is off. i'm rather happy with all of my other lyx and latex-related settings so i'm very reluctant to mess with an almost perfectly functioning lyx situation. however, i was wondering if anyone else has run into this issue or has any suggestions for trouble shooting what is missing? if there is a simple fix, then i would be interested in tweaking my setup

my current latex and image processing programs from fink 0.8.1.
tetex 3.0
ghostscript 8.54
imagemagick 6.3.2

thanks for the help.