On 4/17/07 9:30 AM, "Bennett Helm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Apr 17, 2007, at 11:22 AM, Bob Lounsbury wrote:
>
>>> If you are not willing to use SVN, I can send you a snapshot of
>>> current
>>> trunk instead. Beta 1 is too old :-)
>>>
>>> Abdel.
>>
>> I have no problem with trying the latest snapshot. I just don't
>> have the
>> time to figure out how to install svn and use it (seems like it is
>> a little
>> bit of a process from reading the lyx webpage). I'm trying to write
>> a thesis
>> at the same time :)
>
> It's actually simpler than what you've already done. If you use
> macports, simply enter "sudo port install subversion" and wait until
> it's done. If you use fink (or Fink Commander) it's equally easy.
>
> Then follow the instructions on the lyx webpage, which are
> straightforward:
>
> svn co svn://svn.lyx.org/lyx/lyx-devel/trunk lyx-devel
> cd lyx-devel
>
> Once you've got the sources, you'll need to run ./autogen.sh, then
> configure (with the same options you used for beta1), and make.
>
> To update the sources, simply cd to the lyx-devel directory and enter:
>
> svn up
>
> You can then recompile (usually -- but not always -- skipping
> configure and going straight to make).
>
> Bennett

Cool. For some reason I always went to the subversion.tigris webpage and it
looked to complicated or the LyX webpage went over my head for some reason.
However, that seems very simple. I'm installing svn from Fink Commander
right now. Then I'll get the latest sources and test them out with Qt4.3 and
see how everything works. I'm still on the make command for Qt4.3 so it may
take a while to get everything working. Takes a long time to compile
packages on this old iBook.

Thanks for all the help and tips!!
Bob Lounsbury