Adrian Peter wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know any fancy tricks to get a wide table to fit within the page margins? I have a table inside a float and it keeps going off my right margin. I tried playing with the document margins but I still can't get it to fit. I also reduced the text size to tiny and still no luck. I am using the basic 'article' document class. If I change the document class to 'article(IEEEtran)' then table is able to fit with in the page margins. However I would like to get this to work with the regular 'article' document type. Thank you in advance.

Adrian

in LyX 1.4
A) right click in a column of the table, which brings up the "LyX: Table Settings" dialog.
B) select the "Table Settings" tab.
C) enter a number in the "Width:" entry box.
D) pick how you want that number used with the pull down to the right of the entry box.
E) do this for each column of the table.

If for example you have 4 columns, and want them even, I would set the Width to 25 and set the pull down to either text% or page%.
play with the pull down and see which ones you like.

Note that the UserGuide.lyx [help -> User's Guide] section 4.4 (and especially 4.4.4) may be help more.

Note 4.4.1 needs some help as some of the devs took out some table functionality about adding and deleting rows and columns.

Hope this helps.
--
Todd Denniston