Many thanks!

Putting

\renewcommand{\thetable}{\thesubsection~\alph{table}}

in the preamble worked like a charm. Great if this goes into the manual, too.

Best wishes,
-- Christian

Uwe Stöhr wrote:
Christian Liesen schrieb:

sorry for asking, but I could not find any hints on this list or in the Embedded Objects-Manual on how to change table numbering to a mixed mode of arabic and alph.

I have several tables in a subsection, and I want the caption to look like

Table 1.3 a: foo
Table 1.3 b: foo

I'll add a section about this in the manual that refers to section 4.2.1 "Footnote Numbering".

To get what you want, look at the attached LyX-examplefile.

regards Uwe