Bennett Helm wrote:
On May 8, 2007, at 12:48 PM, Bob Lounsbury wrote:

Anders Ekberg wrote:
José Matos
Sun, 06 May 2007 06:50:14 -0700

On Saturday 05 May 2007 21:58:03 Patrick De Visschere wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I update through svn and cannot built LyX1.5 anymore.
> I get the following message from make:

> config runs successfully
>
> A hint would be appreciated.

The easier solution, start from a fresh directory checkout and compile from
there.

The difficult, remove some files left from previous compiles that induce the
wrong dependencies. The previous option is a lot easier. :-)

--
José Abílio

Also make sure to follow the updated install instructions. There is an additional ld-flag to set and the skeleton does not have to be manually copied anymore.

/Anders
Anders,

I just updated svn and the INSTALL.MacOSX file has not been updated with instructions for not manually copying the LyX skeleton. Is there a different set of instructions somewhere that everyone should be following?

Thanks,
Bob Lounsbury

Well, it's partially there, partially not; I'm currently working on updating the INSTALL.MacOSX file. But the big thing for you to pay attention to is that you need to export LDFLAGS as specified in the version of INSTALL.MacOSX you have -- with "-framework Cocoa" at the end of that line.

Bennett

Right, thanks. I figured you may be updating the install instructions (and I'm not trying to push you, we're all busy). I just didn't want someone looking at the instructions and not finding anything about how to get a skeleton of LyX and then getting frustrated that the LyX installation is failing and they don't know why.

Thanks for the work,
Bob