Francesco Menoncin wrote:
Hello,

I have a package (lmodern.sty) I would like to install. I tried to put it in LyX folders or in TeXmf folders (and resetting LyX) but this did not work.
Could anyone help me?

After putting it in a folder under the texmf or localtexmf tree, you need to update the TeX filename database. How this is done depends on your particular LaTeX distribution. If you use MikTeX, run MikTeX's Options application, and on the General tab click RefreshFNDB. For some distributions, you run a program named texhash to do it. Then restart LyX. (Reconfiguring LyX should not be necessary, as lmodern is not a document class.)

/Paul