Dominik Waßenhoven wrote:
> Daniel Lohmann schrieb:
>
>> Sometimes, I have to admit it, I still "draw" tables with Word or
>> Excel and export them as EPS figures into my LyX document...
>
> There's a tool that could be interesting for you, excel2latex:

Yes, I know it. Unfortunately it does *exactly not* solve my problem :-)

excel2latex converts structure and content of a table, but not the
layout details -- which are the issue.

While I know how to build some table in LyX/LaTeX, I get frequently
frustrated when I have  to tweak and optimize the layout (individual
cell width, border styles, inner-cell margins, fonts, ...)

Nevertheless, excel2latex is quite useful if you are doing your
calculations in Excel anyway, have to export large tables, and do not
care about the formatting.

Daniel