I don't really understand what you're trying to do. Is it that you just want some LyX command to insert these two lines:
   \Bibliography{<num>}
   \endbib
but where num is found automatically? If that's it, then no, that can't be done just with layouts, as they do not have access to the LyX kernel, which is where num would be found. Then again, you could just set it to 999 or something. The other problem, though, is that, so far as I know, LyX assumes that each layout corresponds to one of a handful of kinds of LaTeX constructs---commands, which are output as \command{TEXT}, or environments, which are output as \begin{env}TEXT\end{evn}, or items, etc. The two lines above don't seem to fall into any of these categories.

Richard

Stanislaw Kalicinski wrote:
Hi,

I'm currently working on a layout for IOP articles (I will make it available as soon as it's finished). The reason why I'm doing it is the layout which available ( wiki.lyx.org ) is rather poor and not satisfying me.

The problem is that in LyX I want to make use of some "ready to use" macros from iopart.cls. So, instead of explicitly typing LaTeX code in LyX, I would prefer to create a new style that would insert a macro into the code e.g.

\Bibliography{<num>}
\endbib

where <num> is the same as in the standard Bibliography environment (i.e.
\begin{thebibliography}{<num>})

or

\Table{\label{label}Table caption}
\endTable (or \endtab)

Is it possible to do in the current version of LyX? If yes, could you send me some hints or examples solving a similar problem.

Thanks in advance!

Stanislaw Kalicinski