Hi everyone,

I was wondering if someone had experienced problems installing Lyx onto mac
os x (os x 1.4.9 on a mac book pro)?  I've tried installing several times
and I get an error which prevents all the document classes from being
installed...
I downloaded this file :
ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/bin/1.4.4/LyX-1.4.4-Mac-Intel-3.dmg
I put the lyx.app in applications, and ran the installer.
-remove works
-move user directory works
-clean up preferences works
-install default templates works
error
cannot run texhash to update tex installation

it says it installed all the files, but when i open a document that uses any
document type it says "the document uses a missing tex class 'report.' Lyx
will not produce output."

When I go to Document > Settings > the drop-down 'document class'  each item
is listed as unavailable.

I tried opening Help > Tutorial and the error message was "the document uses
the missing tex class 'book.' Lyx will not be able to produce output"

Can someone help me install this correctly?

Thanks very much.
emilio