On Tue, 22 May 2007 13:22:34 -0500
Andrew Harrington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I just sent a message on this topic, and I have a partial answer:
> In Lyx my graphics file names are listed with the .png suffix.  In
> the export of the tex file (plain or pdflatex), the .png gets dropped.
>
> I went back in and manually changed the tex file from Lyx in all
> places like \includegraphics{IdleEditWindow}
>     \includegraphics{IdleEditWindow.png}
>
> Then htlatex worked fine.
>
> The new question is, why does the Lyx's tex conversion drop the .png?
> Is there a way to stop it without resorting to manual conversions?

I'm not sure that this is the same problem, but it looks similar to a
problem that I had exporting pdflatex from LyX. The resulting file
wouldn't compile because the graphic files did not have .jpeg as part
of the name.

I solved it with \DeclareGraphicsRule{.jpeg}{jpg}{.jpeg}{} and
\DeclareGraphicsExtensions{.jpeg,.png,.jpg,} commands in the Preamble.

This suggests that something similar might work for you. See the
documentation that you get with a "texdoc graphicx" command.

HTH,
Alan