Hi,

I am using the booktabs package to create booktabs with LyX, as described in the Embedded Objects manual and the Booktabs description.

However, the \bottomrule command has to be inserted in the last row of a table, and the cells of this last row need to be empty. As a consequence, there is always extra space from the "empty" row below the table, resulting in an ugly page layout.

How do I get rid of the extra space from the "empty" row?

The requirement to put the \bottomrule command in a last otherwise empty row seems to be specific to LyX. In LaTeX markup, no extra line is necessary. Thus, I found that to export the table to LaTeX, adjust it, and insert it back as ERT works, but is there an easier way to achieve this?

Many thanks,
-- Christian