Tim Holy wrote:
On Thursday 24 May 2007, Enrico Forestieri wrote:
Notice that OpenOffice is at fault here and not latex2rtf.
By default, latex2rtf uses EQ field codes for translating math constructs
(see http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/word/HP051861481033.aspx)
but OpenOffice is not able to interpret them.

Your example works perfectly when I open the produced rtf in Word.
Maybe you could file an enhancement request to the OO people.
I could have sworn I'd tested that, but I must have first saved as .doc in OO and then opened it in Word. Thanks for pointing this out!

The one thing that doesn't work right is the italicization of the superscript---I guess latex2rtf doesn't ignore the text within the \text command (which it doesn't understand), it just puts it in wholesale.
And here's something even more obvious that I forgot: CharStyles can be used to do \text*script. It won't look right on screen, but you'll get the right output.

rh