>> 2) When I reopen a document which contains already some text, quite
>> often (but so far I don't see any systematic behaviour) the
>> uppermost line(s) are hidden. Is this an effect of the new session
>> management?
Helge> When you reopen, the session management will put the cursor
Helge> wherever it was last time you closed the document. This could
Helge> be near the end, and therefore you don't see the top of the
Helge> document. I believe you can turn this off in the preferences if
Helge> you don't like it.

It happens to me regularly that the first line (which contains the
cursor) is half hidden.

JMarc