By changing the name of the .lyx directory I got back all options of the "view" menu, except "view latex". This seem to be replaced by by "view source", but this is not equivalent because the window where the source appears is not searchable and cannot be typeset. In version 1.4.4, it opened the tex source in my favorite tex editor (in my case TexShop), where I could search the file and try some solutions to my problems. Is there a way to do that in 1.5.0 orc1 for mac os X ? Of course, I can do that by hand, but I have first to find the temporary directory which 1) changes each time one reopens Lyx, 2) is in the /tmp directory which is invisible unless you resort to a terminal. Jean