Jakob Beetz wrote:
Dear LyXers,

I know this is begging for a "go RTFM" answer, but being the lazy pig I am:

I would like to make use of 'tagging' single words in my text as being
"source code" or "keywords" etc (without making use of the of ERT
\begin{lstlistings) etc.). In the cua.bind there is a C-P shortcut binding
for toggeling \texttt{your text here} which is pretty much what I want, but
with a little more 'meaning' then. Question:

1. Is there a possilbe (hacky) solution to create textclasses without making
a latex package? (like abusing \newcommand in the preamble and make a macro
or so?) and make a lyx-binding keyboard binding to it?
2. If I really _have to_, suppose I had created my costum package and
install it, how can I make a keyboard binding to it?

Could somebody of you lyx-wizards come up with a shortcut from sparing me to
go through the vast amounts of  documentation ?

I'm not exactly sure what you have in mind, but would this work?

1. Create a new document template using an existing class. Lard up the preamble with assorted new macros and save the template. Henceforth, all you have to do is start a document with "new from template" and all your custom macros will be there.

2. Create key bindings that do things like "self-insert \MyMacro{}{}" and then fill in the arguments.

/Paul