Michael Kummer wrote:
Dear Helpers!

I would like to write my first presentation on LyX, but since I am a dummy I
will need a Tutorial.
I looked for it in the manuals (and in the web) but I can't find any (but
since I am a dummy I probably missed out on it)
Is there a way to save my soul from falling back to powerpoint?

Regards
Michael

P.S.: thanks a lot for  programme, documentation and your work. It is
extremely useful.

The Beamer user guide is great, and it explicitly explains many (though perhaps not all) of the ways that building the presentation in LyX deviates from doing it with "raw" LaTeX.

/Paul