On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 21:43:55 -0400
"Nathan Russell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 7/1/07, Typhoon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 21:07:58 -0400
> > "Nathan Russell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > book(AMS)
> > >

> > I just tried compiling one of my works after changing the class to
> > book (AMS). I had no difficulty using pdflatex to produce the pdf
> > file.
> >
> > The only "special" thing that I have is a \frontmatter ERT at the
> > very beginning of the manuscript.
> >

> Thanks, tried that.  I still need something in a title environment to
> avoid getting the same error, and if I have such a thing, it skips
> down a page.
>

> Still feel like I'm likely missing something obvious.
Nathan,

I am attaching a short file which contains the frontmatter of a book I
am working on. I have changed the class to book(AMS) and, as I said, it
compiles nicely (although it doesn't look as good as the original book
class). Maybe it will help you find what your problem is.

Everything is set at "default" and the Latex preamble is empty.

I'm using LyX 1.4.3 under Debian Etch.

HTH,

Alan