I've been having this problem on the mac as well. Near as I can tell it seems to be caused by Lyx not accepting the tex package lists from any directory other than the default texmf.texlive and texmf. So if any packages are installed into the other directories created by gwtex (namely texmf.local and texmf.pkgs) then they will not be registered. The quick fix is to get install all your special packages to the texmf.texlive directory and then do the texhash, this should fix the problem I think that this is a problem with the paths (in the Lyx preferences menu) but I have no idea about how to change it. I do feel very strongly that this should be rectified before the final release, so we can keep our personal packages in the appropriate directories for updating purposes.

Mike Anderson
University of Oregon