Hi,
if I may give a user's two cents on this topic,
I learned only recently that i can activate a duplicate shortcut alt-letter just by keying alt+letter+letter. So I would prefer to have a shortcut for every entry even if there are duplicates because that permits to avoid using the mouse while working with lyx.

Thanks for your work for lyx ;-)

Hellmut

The English alphabet has 26 characters, i.e., there are at most 26 shortcuts (unless you use numbers etc.).

Personally, I have no problem with some entries not having a shortcut - as long as the most important ones have a shortcut.

IMHO this discussion is pointless. Let's stop it :-)
I don't think so, see above

--
Dr. Hellmut Weber         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Degenfeldstraße 2         tel   +49-89-3081172