Uwe Stöhr wrote:

You can alternatively simply use:

\href{F:/Directory1/Directory2/index.html}{name}

This opens the file with the default program that is set in the registry as default viewer for html-files.

Thanks again for this Uwe, now when I click on the link in the PDF, Explorer fires up and loads index.html. All very good, but the trouble is that the drive letter (F:) is hard wired into the link. However, what I want to do is put the PDF file containing the link and the HTML file at which the link points onto a CD, but it doesn't seem possible to use relative paths in PDF links. On the CD the link in the PDF will always point at drive F: which isn't where the HTML file will be (unless by some happy chance all of the people to whom I distribute the CD have drive F: as their CD-ROM drives).

I know this isn't strictly a LyX problem, but any hints on a possible solution would be appreciated. I'm very reluctant to abandon the idea of using a LyX-generated PDF as a 'front page' for my project (it's genealogy, for the family).

Regards,
Nick.

--
Nick and Anne Hopton, Caversham, Reading, England.