On 8/13/07, LB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > LB wrote:
> >> Hello
> >>
> >> I'm using Lyx 1.4.4 with Win XP and Document class: book
> >> For my thesis I need to added dots between chapter names and their
> >> page numbers in TOC.
> >> I can do that with:
> >>    [EMAIL PROTECTED]@dottedtocline{0}{1.5em}{2.3em}} %
> >> However in TOC, this removes formatting of the chapter entries and
> >> removes section indents.

> >> it I get error:
> >> LaTeX Error: Command [EMAIL PROTECTED] already defined.
> >>
> >> Can anybody suggest a solution for this?
> >>
> >> Thank you
> >> Leo

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but I just got a new job and have been very busy.

I was able to add dotted leaders to section titles using the article
class and the tocloft package with the following command:

\renewcommand\cftsecleader{\bfseries\cftdotfill\cftdotsep}

I'm pretty sure if you want this to apply to chapter titles then you
change sec to chap, but you may want to check the tocloft
documentation. So, it would be this in your preamble:

\renewcommand\cftchapleader{\bfseries\cftdotfill\cftdotsep}

This makes the dots bold from \bfseries, if you don't want them bold
don't use it.

This worked on my thesis and I've attached a simple example where it
works using book class.

Cheers,
Bob Lounsbury