Hi Richard / Bennett,

I installed MacTex and when I type "sudo texhash" in the terminal with the
admin acct I get:

texhash: Updating /usr/local/texlive/2007/../texmf-local/ls-R...
texhash: Updating /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf/ls-R...
texhash: Updating /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-config/ls-R...
texhash: Updating /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/ls-R...
texhash: Updating /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-var/ls-R...
texhash: Done.

However, when I try to open a .lyx document in LyX, I get the following
error:

"This layout file requested by this document, article.layout, is not
usable.  This is probably because a LaTeX class or style file required by it
is not available.  See the Customizaiton documentation for more
information.  LyX will not be able to produce output. "

Thanks,
Karen