> The last time you wrote that this works now, so I don't understand what
> happened.

Well, installation worked fine ...

> Do you have the file scrbook.layout in LyX's layout directory
> (C:\Programme\LyX 1.5.1\Resources\layouts)?

No.

> If yes, could you please log in as admin, and open an internet connection.
> Now start LyX by double
> clicking on the lyx.exe, and reconfigure LyX. LyX will be opened with a
> console window where you can
> see what LaTeX-packages are installed while the reconfiguration is run. What
> do you see there for
> the document class "scrbook"? If there is a "no" behind the entry, you have
> either not set to
> install missing packages on the fly in MiKTeX's settings (this is normally
> set by default by the
> LyXWinInstaller), or you have a problem with your firewall; allow the
> latex.exe and pdflatex.exe to
> connect to the internet.

Ok, I see lots of nos; how do I check MiKTeX's settings? Right now, I
have Lyx 1.5 and 1.5.1 and MiKTeX 2.6 and 2.7 -- maybe I forgot to
change MiKTeX's settings one of these times ...

>> 1) I get type 3 fonts in my PDF document, which means that they are
>> bitmaps giving an ugly expression. They should be type 1 fonts.

> Then choose a Type 1 font, see here:
> http://wiki.lyx.org/FAQ/PDF

Ok, they say:

    * Palatino. To use this font, do not select Palatino in  Layout?Document,
but rather insert in the preamble:
      \usepackage{mathpazo}% instead of package palatino
      \usepackage[scaled=0.9]{helvet}%
      \usepackage{courier}

insert in the preamble -- how do I do this? If I manipulate the source
file outside of Lyx, it is not shown in the source view, and the fonts
do not change. The source view is view only ... My changes of the
document text is shown, however.

>> \usepackage{floatflt}

Thanks a lot!

Regards