Andrew Morrison wrote:
On 9/28/07, Paul A. Rubin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Did you try clicking on the bibliography inset in the LyX doc, deleting
the .bib file, and then reselecting it?  Or just deleting the
bibliography inset and recreating it? Also, if you View->Source, do you
see \ref commands with correct keys?

I've done both types of deleting and reinserting.  I've also tried
creating a completely new file with only the list of citations in it.
Still no dice.  No matter what combo of things I try (including trying
most of the styles) I cannot get the Content option to be anything
other than grayed out.

You mentioned working through an example from the wiki. That means you created a document in 1.5.1 (?) where all the bibliography stuff worked, right? If so, given your failure with a new file and your old .bib file, perhaps something is up with either the .bib file or the path to it.

Also, I have no option in the View menu for Source.  Does that
indicate I am missing some options?

Is this in 1.5.1 or 1.4.3? View -> View Source was added in 1.5.x, so you won't have it in 1.4.x (although it's easy to add somewhat comparable functionality). If you don't have it in 1.5.1, that's a mystery; it should be there automatically, no setting required, and I can't think of any setting that one could mung in a way to cause it to disappear.

As far as the bibliography issue, can you post the .lyx and .bib files for your CV here, or alternatively send them to me off list?

/Paul