Srinivas Nedunuri wrote:

Did you do whatever you need to do to update your TeX database?
I am not sure how to do this. Which part of the MikTex tree do I copy the
.cls file into, and how do I inform TeX to update itself?

Locate your localtexmf tree. (Run the MikTeX Settings application, switch to the Roots tab, and see where UserConfig maps.) It probably is somewhere under Documents and Settings. Drill down to ...\tex\latex, make a folder under that (call it whatever you want), and put the .cls file there. Then, in the MikTeX Settings app, General tab, click Refresh FNDB. Once that's done, reconfigure LyX and restart it.

/Paul