> Two solutions:
> 1. Make the footer big enough on all pages.
>     Useful if most pages needs a signature block, other pages
>     will waste paper.

I have tried it and it seems to work but out Quality Assurance guy is
going to have a field day with "pages that stop too high".  So it is not
a feasible option.

> 2. Use a small footer, and put the signature block in the normal
>     text instead. If you want to push the block down to the bottom,
>     put vertical space of the "fill" variety in front of the block. It
>     will then go to the bottom of the page even if there is only one
>     line at the top.
>     If the page is too full, then your signature block will go
>     to the next page instead with this solution. This is a good
>     solution if a single signature at the end of a multi-page
>     section is ok.
>
> Helge Hafting

Unfortunately I need a signature block on each page.  Again QA.

Your previous suggestions did make a huge difference.  I have made sure
the table contains only "simple" text.  There is only one place now
where the row enters the footer.  Not sure why.  I have one cell that
uses {\footnotesize ...}.  Is it maybe the culprit?

Also, sometimes the "Firstrow" appears at the bottom of the page by
itself.  Any idea on how to fix it?

Many thanks.
Rudi