hi Sebastian,

i just figured this one out as well after prematurely posting the same question about a week ago. the solution is to go into math mode and then change the toolbar settings. enter math mode as if your going to start a new formula and then select View -> Toolbars. if the cursor is within the math mode, then you'll see that Math Panels and/ or Math might be set to auto. uncheck this and the math-macros will no longer pop up automatically.

cheers,
-brian