On 11/15/07, Dave Hewitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> (1) Since I do not need a photo in the upper right, can I move the text to
> the left and provide more room for the various entries? It would be nice to
> have fewer lines and start the main body of the CV a little farther up on
> the page. In my case, the web address of my home page runs off the page to
> the right.

If your CV is intended for electronic use, you could do the following:
\usepackage{hyperref}
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
\extrainfo{\href{http://www.vims.edu/fish/students/dhewitt}{Homepage}}

I checked on your LyX file, and it looks OK on the generated PDF.

You could use
\extrainfo{\href{http://www.vims.edu/fish/students/dhewitt}{http://www.vims.edu/fish/students/dhewitt}},
however I haven't yet found out how to nicely break URLs; cannot
suggest anything here.

> (2) The titles for the first Items in some sections are shifted down. Under
> Education, the title for Ph.D. shifts down because the entry runs over to
> two lines.

You could try hacking it with a <ctrl>+return somewhere after "College
of", but I didn't manage to get it working.

On the rest, cannot suggest anything constructive. Things like
increasing the space available for personal information would probably
imply hacking the TeX code of the moderncv class.

Regards,
Liviu