I don't know much about linuxdoc - but I am pretty sure I am correctly
referring to docbook. Its an xml format for generating multiple types of
documentation, pdf/html/chm (windows help files)/etc

You can see lyx linked directly from the docbook wiki
http://wiki.docbook.org/topic/DocBookAuthoringTools

Can you shed light on either docbook or linuxdoc? (I'm mostly interested in
docbook though)

-Ryan